Nowadays, many consider videos to be the future of content marketing—and with good reason.
Latest video statistics show that:
- A whopping 82 percent of Twitter users prefer watching videos
- YouTube now has more than a billion users (that’s at least one-third of the total number of Internet users)
- Each day, more than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube
- A staggering 45 percent of people watch more than an hour of YouTube or Facebook videos weekly
- At least 87 percent of online marketers now use video content to promote their products and services and increase brand awareness and visibility
- Every 60 seconds, 72 hours of video are being uploaded on YouTube
- At least one-third of online activity is spent watching videos online
- Videos are considered the type of content that brings in the best ROI by 51 percent of marketing professionals
- Even if texts and images are combined, social videos still generate more than 1200 percent more shares
- Videos placed on Facebook landing pages can increase conversions by as much as 80 percent
- Videos can attract 2 or 3 times more monthly visitors
- Full-page ads combined with videos can increase engagement by as much as 22 percent
- Average Internet users spend at least 88 percent more time on sites with videos compared to those with none
- Blogs with videos attract 3 times as many inbound links compared to those who don’t incorporate videos in their blogs
- As of 2017, 69 percent of the global consumer Internet traffic can be attributed to videos
- By 2019, it is predicted that videos will account for as much as 80 percent of the consumer Internet traffic
Undoubtedly, the ability of videos to engage people more effectively compared to texts and photos combined is no longer up for debate.
If you’re a business owner, incorporating videos in your marketing arsenal will not only bring voices, faces, heart, and personality to your operation, it will also effectively demonstrate your authenticity as a business and brand.
While video production can seem challenging (if not intimidating), it is reassuring to know that nowadays it’s something a seasoned video production company can easily help you with.
Still not convinced?
We’ve listed down some of the amazing benefits video marketing offers that you shouldn’t miss out on:
It can help boost sales and conversions significantly.
Videos can definitely help you make some serious money.
As stated above, adding a video of your product or service on the landing page can boost conversions by as much as 80 percent.
Videos have also been known to help boost sales significantly.
In fact, some studies show that 74 percent of those who watch explainer videos about a product eventually end up buying it.
Come to think of it, the effectiveness of video is not at all surprising if we take into account the fact that many people are visual.
If pictures can help dramatically improve engagement, you can just imagine what videos can do.
It can provides great ROI
Many brands don’t mind spending good money on video production because it pays off big time.
Fortunately, aside from the many video editing tools available online, there is no shortage of competent video production companies that can produce effective and compelling videos at a price you can afford.
One good thing about videos is that they don’t have to be perfect.
More than anything, it’s the content that matters the most.
In fact, some research show that more people are put off if the videos don’t explain the product or service well enough as opposed to it being of low quality.
It can help build brand trust.
While not everyone may be aware of it, trust is considered one of the foundations of sales and conversions.
However, building trust is no walk in the park.
The whole concept of content marketing (including video marketing) revolves around creating trust and building long-term relationships.
In other words, you make sales by providing people with interesting and beneficial information.
Videos have these essentials covered.
In addition, videos are also considered effective in soliciting the right emotions and engaging and keeping the attention of your audience, prospective or otherwise.
It appeals to mobile users.
Over the years, mobile video views have grown massively.
In 2013 alone, videos viewed on mobile have seen a staggering 233 percent growth.
YouTube also reports that video consumption using mobile increases by as much as a hundred percent annually.
And since many people like to watch videos on the go, your audience will continue to grow together with the number of smartphone users.
It can help engage even the laziest of buyers.
Apart from it being an effective tool for learning, videos are also very easy to consume.
With people nowadays becoming too distracted (and sometimes lazy) to read long and meticulous product descriptions, they are turning to videos to know more about the product or service.
When you are able to capture and keep the attention of a wider audience (including the lazy and distracted ones), then you are also able to double your competitive advantage and get ahead of the pack.
Creating powerful videos that convert entails knowledge of human psychology and creativity, among other things.
The combination of those essential components makes it possible to produce videos that truly work without breaking the bank.
Creative, emotionally charged videos can also reach millions of people in a short span of time.
Truly, video marketing is here to stay and it won’t be long until it becomes an essential in every marketer’s advertising arsenal.