Facts about online video marketing
- Approximately 1.2 billion videos are streamed from YouTube daily.
- YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world, surpassing Yahoo!
- 60% of all web traffic comes from online videos
- 68% of the Top 50 Internet Retailers display videos on their websites - Forrester Research
- For social marketing usage, Online Video tops all except Facebook with regards to the % of people using it.
- According to a recent study by comScore 85.6% of internet users in the US, watched online videos in December (178 million people watched 33.2 billion videos).
- Wikipedia last year launched Add Media, a function that allows its editors to drag and drop portions of videos into its articles. Across the internet, website managers are scrambling to make video content available for one reason – people love it.
- Instead of investing in traditional advertising to promote the Ford Fiesta, Ford created The Ford Fiesta Movement, giving 100 individuals Ford Fiestas and having them promote the car on social media. The preliminary results for this campaign are impressive. After six months, it had generated 4.3 million YouTube views. And, most importantly, attracted 50,000 interested customers, 97 percent of whom did not currently own a Ford.
- With broadband penetration in Singapore past 100%, web video is a viable technology accessible to a significant audience
- 87 % of Singapore’s Internet population viewed video online in April 2010, with an average viewer consuming 10.5 hours of video during the month. (ComScore)
- Online Publishers Association (OPA).This report revealed the astonishing facts that out of 80% visitors who viewed the online video advertisement around 46% took some action. According to same report, around 22% viewers visited the related website, 26% searched for more information, 15% visited the company and 12% purchased that specific product.
- Americans are watching online video alongside television, 35% more than last year, according to Neilson.
- In December 2009, viewing of online video was 10.3% more than the year previously.
- Forrester Research expects the online video marketing market to explode to $7 Billion by 2012, with a 72% compound annual growth rate!
While the growth of viral video campaigns is expected to explode in the coming years — 83% of marketers believe the effectiveness of online video will increase in the next three years, according to Forrester Video is not just something people are passively watching. It's something people are sharing with each other. Yahoo is even embedding video in its SERPs, Google has been doing it for over a year with ‘universal search’ results often showing video thumbnails on the first page of the SERPs, and Gmail is offering a feature that allows users to view YouTube videos in their email messages. If you are not utilizing video marketing or video search engine optimization (VSEO) for your business, how much money are you missing out?
At Reelmedia, we are experts in driving traffic to your website using Video. Our services include:
- Video Search Optimization planning, including preparing your video for the requirements of the sites it will be uploaded to.
- Video file meta data optimization - using SEO keyword research to drive traffic to your website using video
- Video page optimization - getting your targeted keywords found be people online
- Video site map construction & submission to Google
- Video optimization – the creation of a video thumbnail and video data during video encoding.