We created this Cheat Sheet to make things easy for you when you to manage your YouTube Channel.
At first, it might seem like there are so many things to do, but you'll quickly get the hang of things, trust me!
In order for you to remember everything, we've created a list of sequential actions you need to take to ensure that your clients' YouTube channels are properly set-up and you'll set the stage for any video that's published on that channel to get the maximum number of views, comments, likes & shares!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with us!
Get Your YouTube Channel Noticed on the Top 3 Search Engines!
- Register your YouTube channel with Google.
- Register your YouTube channel with Bing.
- Register your YouTube channel with Yahoo.
YouTube Channel Optimization
- Open a separate Gmail account.
- Optimize the name of the channel.
- Optimize the bio (on the right side of the channel).
- Add a photo or logo (on the left side of the channel).
- Add pertinent URLs (on the right side of the channel).
- Change the background.
- Create different Playlists to add interest to the YouTube channel and catalogue your clients' videos (this is quite important).
- Set-up the featured video.
- Set-up the featured video to play automatically.
YouTube Video Optimization
- Optimize the video file name (if the file is sent to you).
- Optimize the description.
- Optimize tags/keywords.
- Use Tube Niche Finder to do Youtube keyword research and analyze your competition.
- Choose your video thumbnail wisely.
- Select the best category.
- Use annotations to take viewers from your YouTube channel to your offer page.
Engage with the YouTube Community
- Manage comments on your YouTube channel.
- Manage comments on your videos.
- Manage negative comments.
- Engage with people who left comments by leaving comments on their channel.
- Use the Ninja comment strategy to reach out to new viewers and invite them to your clients' YouTube channel.
- Use Tube Fool to scrap video ids of the most popular videos and comment on high traffic videos on autopilot.
Promote on Social Media
- Use your Hootsuite account to share your YouTube videos and schedule your social media communication.
- Market your videos on Facebook.
- Market your Facebook Fan Page.
- Market your videos on Twitter.
- Market your on Google+.
- Market your videos on Pinterest.
- Market your videos on Linked In.
- Market your videos on Squidoo.
- Market your videos on Tumblr.
- Market your videos on the new MySpace.
- Market your videos on StumbleUpon.com.
- Market your videos on Digg.com.
- Market your videos on Reddit.com.
- Market your videos on BizSugar.com (best for business topics, it's best to link a blog post containing the YouTube video instead of the YouTube URL).
- Use Tube Fool to get internal backlinks, more views, comments and LIKES to your videos.
Promote on Other Video Sharing Platforms
- Distribute your videos on Vimeo.com.
- Distribute your videos on Break.com.
- Distribute your videos on DailyMotion.com.
- Distribute your videos on Viddler.com.
- Distribute your videos on Blip.TV.
- Distribute your videos on Metacafe.com.
- Distribute your videos on MySpace.com.
- Distribute your videos on Veoh.com.
If you use a lower third banner or any reference to a URL, the sharing platform above will close your account or reject your videos. They don't like self-promotion content. That said, YouTube remains the #1 video platform and most important. It's possible for you to produce two types of videos -- one for YouTube and a different one that doesn't contain obvious promotion for the other distribution sites.
Get Backlinks for Your YouTube Channel
- Use Article Directories (ezinearticles.com, goarticles) and put your Youtube Channel and/or video in the resource page.
- Bookmarking Sites (Digg, Reddit,Feedage, etc.).
- Use Free Press Release sites to backlink to your Youtube Channel.
24-7PressRelease.com - Free release distribution with ad-support.
1888PressRelease.com - Free distribution, paid services gives you better placement and permanent archiving.
ClickPress.com - Distributs to sites like Google News and Topix.net, Gold level will also get you to sites like LexisNexis.
EcommWire.com - Focuses on ecommerece and requires you include an image, 3 keywords and links.
Express-Press-Release.com - Free distribution company with offices in 12 states.
Free-Press-Release.com - Easy press release distribution for free, more features for paid accounts.
Free-Press-Release-Center.info - Distributes your release, offers a web page with one keyword link to your site. Pro upgrade will give you three links, permanent archiving and more.
I-Newswire.com - Allows for free distribution to sites and search engines, premium membership differs only slightly in adding in graphics.
NewswireToday.com - All the usual free distribution tools, premium service includes logo, product picture and more.
PR.com - Not only will they distribute your press releases, but you can also set up a full company profile.
PR9.net - Ad supported press distribution site.
PR-Inside.com - European-based free press release distribution site
- Embed Youtube videos on your WordPress blog.
- Embed Youtube videos on free Web 2.0.
Promote via Email
- Add your YouTube video link to their weekly ezine!
I hope this Cheat Sheet was valuable!
Don't forget, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with me!
Tube Fool - Youtube Marketing Suite
Tube Niche Finder - Video Keyword Research