Proficient marketers today know that keeping their current customers happy and satisfied is way more cost-effective than chasing new ones.
Besides, happy and satisfied customers often willingly become the brand’s spokesperson.
While there are numerous ways to keep your current clientele happy, integrating proven concepts in your video marketing is considered one of the most effective.
Just how huge is video’s likely impact?
The figures are quite impressive.
- Using the word “video” in the e-mail subject line can help boost the open rate by 20 percent.
- There is a whopping 75 percent reduction in subscription opt-outs when a video is incorporate in the introductory e-mail.
- Click through rates increase by as much as 65 percent when an explainer video is used.
Taking the numbers into account, it’s clear that using videos help your online marketing efforts tremendously.
Here are some of the most effective ways to use videos to please and delight both your current and prospective customers:
As of 2015, 300 million selfies have been posted.
And that’s on Instagram alone.
The numbers however are testament enough that most people love to see themselves featured in videos and photos.
You can use this knowledge to your advantage by asking customers if they would be willing to sing your brand’s praises for you on video.
Video testimonials are not only more convincing and engaging compared to text-only reviews, they can also help entice your customers to stay longer.
When your customers stay longer on your site, they are also more likely to make a purchase.
Overall, using customer testimonials as part of your video marketing efforts can help drive more traffic to your site, boost the number of potential leads, and provide more SEO value.
In addition, this technique can also help significantly deepen your relationship with your customers and gives them content they would want to share with their own networks.
At the same time, this also gives prospective customers a review they can easily digest from sources they can easily relate with.
Customer Support Videos
If you want to provide exceptional online service to your customers and ease the onboarding of the new ones, customer support videos are your best option.
For starters, you can:
- Create onboarding videos of your product to walk through new customers who want to set up your products. It would also be wise to post your video on YouTube to help significantly expand your searchable content.
- If you keep receiving the same questions numerous times, consider it wise to record a quick video of a member of your support team addressing commonly asked questions.
- Creating how-to videos can make it a lot easier for customers to understand and use your products. There’s no denying that written videos can’t even offer half the convenience how-to videos can provide.
Thank You Videos
People love it when they are appreciated.
While e-mails and thank you cards can do the trick, they unfortunately lack personal touch.
A thank you video on the other hand is not only warm and personal, it is no doubt more effective than a printed note.
Another edge of using videos is it can be tailored to include the customer’s name and the product they purchased and other unique data.
A Hubspot article reported that a respondent who used a personalized video campaign saw customer engagement skyrocket to a staggering 286 percent!
Support Customers in Micro Moments
Nowadays, to say people no longer go online but they almost live online is no longer farfetched.
Fortunately, this round the clock video consumption has paved the way for what Google aptly calls micro moments.
Regardless if a customer wants to discover something, needs decision making help, or is looking for answers, they often turn online (particularly YouTube) for help.
Use this knowledge to stay useful and relevant to your customers by:
- Identifying micro moments where the goals of your brand and that of your customers intersect.
- Ensure you are always there when your customers need you, be it through shopping ads or paid and organic searches.
- Make it easy for people to discover your brands even if they won’t look for it specifically. Go beyond demographic targeting by connecting with customers based on signals of intent.
Videos can help delight and impress customers at every stage of their purchase in ways that are both impactful and novel.
Capture and keep the attention of your potential customers using great stories told using videos.
You can also use videos to greatly enhance your relationships with your customers and entice new prospects to try what you have to offer.