Technology starts to play a bigger and bigger role in all aspects of our lives. It is enough to only look at how the way we communicate have changed in the last years and we will be amazed of the speed with which technology evolves. For example, YouTube was founded in 2005. That’s only 10 years ago, and I am sure many of us can’t remember how we lived without it. It has become almost an instinct to enter YouTube when we want to search for a song, trailer, speech, courses etc.
We are more connected to technology like never before and online marketers are some of the first who know how to use this in their benefit. Let’s be honest – who haven’t checked yet the Superbowl commercials?
Well, if it was made possible for simple tools like videos to reach incredible large audiences, why don’t we apply the same principles to other fields? So, if you are a recruiter, you should start thinking about how your strategy should also focus on using video for recruitment marketing. And because the possibilities about how you can do that are endless, it’s important to make sure you are aware from the beginning of the importance and all the benefits you can get from this kind of strategy.
So, we prepared for you 5 main reasons why you should be using video for recruitment marketing.
- Showcasing. First of all, using video will help communicate messages about your company more easily. People will find more credible the things they see and hear than the things they read. And long-term, this will help you build your employer branding which will help attract the right people to you.
- Transmitting emotions. We live in a competitive world, so, if today you might think you will attract the best prospects for a job because you are the leader on a market, you really can’t know on what place you will be tomorrow. Because of all these reasons, the way a company transmits feelings and emotions has become more important than promoting the company or the products itself.
- Engage communities online. As all social media channels become a more natural way to communicate than traditional methods, video is the perfect method to make sure you are engaging your audiences. All the studies in the field have shown that videos are the type of content that will engage the most (comment, share, embed etc).
- SEO. In a world that people use internet for communicating, finding information, comparing, purchasing, you want to be found by them. When a prospect employee searches for your company, you want him to find your website as a first result. Video is a great way to achieve this. By adding optimized videos to your website and all your social media channel you increase considerably your chances of first-page ranking.
- Development of video technologies. Because more and more benefits are discovered from using video content, the tech world is starting to focus more on ways of integrating easily videos in all kind of social networks. You can check the latest Facebook addition of auto-play and featured videos and playlist.
Hopefully these reasons gave you a glimpse on all the benefits you can easily get if you start using video for recruitment marketing, Just have in mind the values you want to transmit, the segment of people you want to attract and let flow your imagination and creativity.